You can call me selfish, but I am awarding my self the Mom of the Day award. Now before you judge me let me explain. It all started this morning. I was having a great morning. Everything was just falling into place perfectly. I was even going to make it to work on time. I arrive to my babysitter's house and get out of the car and walk around to get Sydnee out. I go to open her door and it is LOCKED!!!! Shoot! Maybe (I thought) she just locked her door. I frantically run around and check all the other doors. Yup, they were locked too. I locked my 2 girls in the car. I am a dork. I really don't know what happened. I must have hit the lock on my door when I got out. I didn't know what to do. I finally called Jeremy and made him leave work and go home and get the spare set of keys and come save his damsels in distress. While he was getting my keys I stood next to the car in the pouring rain trying to get Sydnee to calm down. She is BAWLING!!!! She didn't understand why I wouldn't get her out. She kept yelling at me to open the door and let her out. It was so frustrating! I felt so helpless. Then Lily started to cry. This all lasted about 35 min. The car was running the whole time with the heat on. When we got the doors unlocked the girls were so hot and crying. I felt so bad. I didn't care about going to work. I just held and rocked them both.So today I get this award. It will be up for grabs tomorrow, but today it is mine!!

4 comments:
Whew! What a relief, I usually get this award everyday of my life! You go girl! I did that with Dakota and Kade in 100* degree weather. I called Kim and said "You haVE 10 MINUTES AND THEN i'M BREAKING THE WINDOW WITH A Hammer" I covered the whole car with blankets to keep the sun off of the car. Welcome to the mom of the year club!
I too have locked a kid in the car and go to have the POLICE come and rescue her. It took two cops both working for 20 minutes to get Laiklie out and she cried and cried the whole time too. Can you say BUGERCITY! by the time we got her out! You do deserve and award for standing in the rain and staying calm.
I have done the same thing! Only it was up Weber Creek and Gracie was looked in Dad's truck with no heat and an open package of jerky. I had to interrupt my cranky brother to bring me a spare key. I think you deserve it!
16 days!!!!!! Whatever!!!! Yee-Haw! Sorry I couldn't stop the yee-haw. It just kind of eeeked out.
Post a Comment